Entim Mara CampMaasai Mara National Reserve
2023 Resident Rates
|Luxury Tents||Per Person Sharing Rates||Ground Package (PPS)|
|3rd Jan to 10th April 2023||Ksh. 24,195/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 29,034/- PPS/Night|
|11th April to 31st May 2023||Closed||Closed|
|1st to 30th June 2023||Ksh. 24,195/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 29,034/- PPS/Night|
|1st July to 15th Oct 2023||Ksh. 28,341/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 35,426/- PPS/Night|
|16th Oct to 20th Dec 2023||Ksh. 24,195/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 29,034/- PPS/Night|
|21st Dec 2023 to 2nd Jan 2024||Ksh. 28,341/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 35,426/- PPS/Night|
– Single room supplement is 25% of the adult rate
– Late departure KES.12,000 per adult & KES.6,000 per child for clients arriving on AM and departing on PM flights (inc. of extra lunch & en-route game drive)
– Early morning flights KES.5,000 – one-way airstrip transfer applies
– No Triples
Per Person Sharing Rates Include:
- Fullboard accommodation
- Soft drinks, house wines & selected spirits
- Children 01 – 07 Years (NOT Allowed), unless the camp is booked exclusively.
- Children 08 – 11 years sharing their own tent, pay 75% of the per-person sharing rate per night
- Children 08 – 11 years sharing a tent with two adults, pays
- 75% of the per-person sharing rate per night
- Children 08 – 11 years sharing a tent with 01 adults, pays 75% of the per-person sharing rate per night & the adult pays full Single room rates
Overview of Entim Mara Camp
The word ‘tent’ doesn’t do justice to the 12 new luxury en-suite guest rooms raised on wooden decks overlooking the Mara River. Handsomely decorated using earthy tones, there’s a seamless flow from inside to outside and down to the river. Watch animals moving to and from the river from your private lounge and veranda, or during scrumptious meals at our open-fronted dining deck.
Sit on your veranda and look over the Mara River at one of Africa’s greatest stretches of savanna, with the Rift Valley escarpment in the distance. Migrating wildebeests gather on these riverbanks and begin their migration into the Masai Mara. You will hear the sounds of grunting gnu, hippos, hyenas, and lions from your bed at night. These wild animals are very close by, so our red-robed Maasai warriors escort you to your room after dinner and drink around the campfire, where you’ll find a hot water bottle warming the bed.
The Entim experience is not your average hotel or lodge; it’s a feeling of being part of the landscape and having profound encounters with wild animals and Maasai people in their land. It’s a sharing of passions and significant moments in the heart of one of the most famous wildlife reserves in the world.
The Masai Mara is one of the world’s most venerated game reserves because once you’ve seen its big skies, rolling savanna, great herds of animals, and variety of birdlife, you’ll never forget it. At Entim we make sure that becomes true because our experienced Maasai driver-guides have grown up around here and possess an innate ability and instinctive talent to read nature’s signs as if they were an open book. Each day there is something extraordinary to see and our guides will reveal it to you. They are particularly skilled at providing great photo opportunities, entertaining children with bush lore, and sharing wisdom about their extraordinary way of life.
According to custom, grazing cattle is the God-given right of the Maasai and their cows provide most sustenance needed by a Maasai family. Farming is considered a foolish, back-breaking way to scrape a living! The Maasai lifestyle is completely at odds with western practices, but there are many insights to be gained. Ask your guide to take you to his Maasai homestead –you can book this excursion while in camp.
Looking for that “perfect” wildlife shot? You might just get it at Entim! Our driver guides are skilled in finding the action and putting you in the right position to take the shot you’ve always wanted. You can download and edit your images in our iMac Photo Studios, free up storage space, post them on social media then can get out there for the next great shot.
- Day and evening game drives (until 10 pm)
- Guided Bush Walks
- Cultural visits (village, market, local school during term time)
- Sundowners and bush meals
- Hot air balloon safaris (bookings must be made in advance, and this is an additional cost)
Masai Mara is 260 km from Nairobi and takes 5 ½ hours to drive by road and 40 minutes by air.
Transfer from the airstrip to the camp takes 20 minutes.
The airstrip is serviced by:
- Safarilink – from Nairobi twice daily
- Air Kenya – from Nairobi twice daily
- Charter flights as scheduled
Mainly humid, with temperatures averaging 26°C during the day and 12°C at night. Long rains are anticipated from mid-April to May and short rains from November to early December.