Elephant Bedroom CampSamburu National Reserve
2023 Resident Rates
|Luxury Tents||Per Person Sharing (PPS)||Single Occupancy|
|1st Jan to 31st March 2023||Ksh. 17,280/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 21,120/- PP/Night|
|1st April to 30th June 2023||Ksh. 15,360/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 19,200/- PP/Night|
Rates are applicable per person sharing per night on a Full board basis.
Deluxe Room Supplement: Ksh 5000/- Per Person / Per Night
Excluded: park entrance fees
|Children Rates||Sharing with Adults (6 to 11 yrs)||Sharing with Adults (12 to 16 yrs)|
|1st Jan to 31st March 2023||Ksh. 9,000/- Per Child/Night||Ksh. 13,500/- Per Child/Night|
|1st April to 30th June 2023||Ksh. 8,000/- Per Child/Night||Ksh. 12,000/- Per Child/Night|
Children from 0 to 5 years FREE
Overview of Elephant Bedroom Camp
Elephant Bedroom Camp is an intimate tented camp with simplistic elegance, luxury, and style providing an astonishing safari experience.
Elephant Bedroom Camp offers luxury in a setting of breathtaking beauty. It is set along the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River and shaded by doum palms and other trees that make up this green belt of riverine forest in Samburu National Reserve.
The surrounding Samburu National Reserve is an area of spectacular scenery; its dry plains are bisected by the meandering river, with the backdrop of Africa’s dramatic mountains, including Mt Kenya. The 14 spacious tents have rustic and colorful African touches, offering all the comforts; including a private plunge pool on the deck, hot and cold running water, electricity (and complimentary herbal shower and bath products.)
The lounge and dining area is decorated with vibrant safari style, its soft intimate lighting assuring that this is the ultimate place to relax in between exciting game drives. Elephants, Monkeys, Impalas are amongst the camp’s many regular wild visitors, whilst Samburu National Reserve has a good number of lions and leopards and offers the opportunity to see many species endemic to northern Kenya.
- Spacious dining & lounge tent with large veranda to maximize views.
- Breakfast and lunch are served ‘al fresco’ on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River under the shade of the trees (weather permitting).
- Dinner is served in the dining area.
- Private meals can be arranged on the guest tent veranda or under the stars.
- Continental-style cuisine caters to a variety of dietary requirements.
- 240V Charging facilities in the lounge
- Accredited Professional Safari Guides
- 4WD open-sided safari vehicles. A maximum of 6 guests per vehicle.
- Day game drives
- Bush breakfast/dinner
- Picnic lunches
- Cultural visits
- Lectures on Samburu culture by our resident naturalist.
- Entertainment by local Samburu warriors.
- Guided bush walks
How to get there:
GPS co-ordinates: 0°35’22.613″N / 37°36’12.065″E
By road: Approximately 5 hours driving time from Nairobi.
By air: to the Kalama / Oryx / Buffalo airstrip (from the airstrip – 30 to 60 minutes drive to the camp with game drive en-route).
These airstrips are serviced by:
- Safarilink – from Nairobi twice daily
- Air Kenya – from Nairobi twice daily
- Charter flights as scheduled