Sarova Shaba Game LodgeShaba National Reserve
2023 Resident Rates
|Standard Rooms (80 rooms)||Executive Suites (4 Rooms)|
|3rd Jan to 31st March 2023||Ksh. 9,600/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 12,480/- PPS/Night|
|1st to 6th April 2023||Ksh. 8,640/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 11,040/- PPS/Night|
|7th to 10th April 2023||Ksh. /- PPS/Night||Ksh. /- PPS/Night|
|11th April to 15th June 2023||Ksh. 8,640/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 11,040/- PPS/Night|
|16th June to 22nd Dec 2023||Ksh. 9,600/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 12,480/- PPS/Night|
|23rd Dec 2023 to 2nd Jan 2024||Ksh. /- PPS/Night||Ksh. /- PPS/Night|
– Rates are applicable per person sharing per night on a Full board basis.
– Third adult 30% of the double room rate.
– Rates are applicable to residents of Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Republic of Sudan, Southern Sudan, Ethiopia, and Eritrea.
– Free for children below 6 years sharing with adults without an additional bed.
– Children from 7 to 12yrs stay FREE (Max 1 Child per room).
– 2 Children (7 to 12 yrs old) sharing with 1 Adult (1st Child stays FREE and the second child pays 15% of the applicable single room rate).
– 1 Child (13 to 17yrs old) sharing with 2 Adults pays 25% of the single room rate.
– 2 Children (13 to 17yrs old) sharing with 1 Adult: each Child pays 20% of the single room rate.
– Children (7 to 12yrs) in their room pay 70% of the applicable Single/Double/Triple Rate
– Children (13 to 17yrs) in their room pay 80% of the applicable Single/Double/Triple Rate
Overview of Sarova Shaba Game Lodge
Set along the Ewaso Nyiro River, this upscale lodge within the Shaba National Reserve is 31 km from Samburu Airport. Polished rooms with wood and rattan furnishings provide free Wi-Fi, safes, and tea and coffee-making facilities. Suites add separate living rooms, minifridges, and river views. A luxe cottage includes a living/dining area with a fireplace, plus a whirlpool tub. TVs and air-conditioning are not available.
Meals at an airy restaurant with river views are included. There’s a tree-shaded outdoor pool with a sundeck, plus a riverside lounge and a crocodile-viewing deck. Massages and safaris are available. There’s also a doctor-on-call.
Rooms and Suites
Every room and suite overlooks the Ewaso Nyiro river fronted by beautiful gardens filled with trees and native plants. Elephants sometimes make an appearance on the river banks and crocodiles often come out to the lounge. All our chalet-style rooms and suites have private balconies.
85 bedrooms in 2 stories, 4 rooms to a block
- Interconnecting rooms available
- Ground floor rooms friendly with persons with limited mobility
Born Free Suite (1 Room with lounge and private Jacuzzi) – The Born Free Suite is named after Joy Adamson’s book about Elsa the lioness.
Standard Rooms (80 rooms) – Our standard rooms are large, airy, and rustic. Each is a room with a view indeed!
Executive Suites (4 Rooms with lounge) – The Executive Suite has a beautiful lounge connected to your large bedroom and stunning views overlooking our lush grounds and the river.
- Distance: 314 km from Nairobi, Kenya.
- By air: 45 minutes from Nairobi to Samburu or Shaba airstrip
- By road:5 hours from Nairobi
- Recommended 4 wheel drive or tour van.
- Shaba National Reserve
- Eastern Kenya off the banks of Ewaso Nyiro river
- The lodge is set on a green oasis within Shaba National Reserve
- Perimeter double electrical fence surrounds the lodge.
- Hot and dry with temperatures averaging 34 degrees during the day
- Warm nights
- Guest relation center
- Check-in time 1200 hrs
- Check out time is 1000 hrs
Bureau de exchange
- Safe deposit boxes in all rooms
- Laundry and valet services
- Baby-sitting services (Upon request)
- Hairdryers available at the reception upon request
- All grass thatched chalets enjoy a river frontage
- Luxury en suite with bath, shower, and WC.
- Ceiling hang mosquito net and overhead fan
- Voltage 240 volts with adaptors available at the reception desk.
- Minibars in suites upon request
- Raised level and overlooking the swimming pool and Uaso Nyiro river
- Serves buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Carraluma Pool bar: Open 1100 – 1830hrs
Chemi Bar: Open 0700 – 2300 hrs
- Cocktails served before dinner and boozy coffee after dinner in a relaxing cool atmosphere near the river.
- Boma Dining
- The exotic setting within the make-shift Samburu boma is complete with cultural entertainment by a bonfire under the African sky.
- Pre-dinner bitings and drinks by the Uaso Nyiro river right next to the crocodiles as you watch the majestic Samburu sunset.
- Breakfast/dinner set on an island on the beautiful Shaba pond
- Riverside breakfast
- Bush dinner
The Doum conference room facility overlooks the Joy Adamson plunge pool.
- LCD, audiovisual equipment, internet services, and full secretarial assistance
- Capacity: 120 theaters, 150 cocktails, 80 seminar-style
- Massage & beauty therapy at Tulia Wellness
- Team building activities and Survivor challenge
- Outdoor free form swimming pool
- Viewing deck along the river to view crocodiles
- Samburu traditional dances
- Occasional slide shows
- Nature walks, bird walks, cultural and history talks.
ADIA GIFT SHOP
The gift shop offers essential toiletries, books, safari wears, and souvenirs.
Game drives: the Shaba National reserve has endemic species of gravy zebras, reticulated giraffe, and Beisa Oryx. There are also heard of elephants, plenty of lions, cheetahs, crocodiles, and a remarkable 350 different species of birds including 5 endemic species.
PERSONNEL ON CALL
- Duty manager
- Clinical Officer
- Security personnel