hosted by thc
2023 Resident Rates
|Luxury Tents||Per Person Sharing||Single Occupancy|
|1st July to 31st Oct 2023||Ksh. 23,500/- PPS/Night||Ksh. 26,500/- PPS/Night|
- All meals- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Bushwalks within the conservancy.
- Day Game Drive
– Kshs 4,000.00 pp(Minimum 2 pax)
– Kshs 3,500.00 for 3 pax and above
- Night Game Drive
– Kshs 5,000.00 pp(Minimum 2 pax)
– Kshs 4,000.00 for 3 pax and above
- Transfer from Kamok/Nanyuki Airstrip Kshs 5,000.00 pp(Min 2pax &Max5pax) One Way
- Bush Dining Kshs 2,500.00 pp(Minimum 2 pax)
- Sundowner excluding drinks Kshs 1,500.00 pp(Minimum 2 pax)
- Sundowner including Non-Premium drinks Kshs 5,000.00 pp (Minimum 2 pax)
- All drinks are consumed during their stay.
Mutara Conservancy fees
Jan to March 2023
- Citizens Ksh 1,400/-
- Residents Kshs 2,600/-
April to 8th August 2023
- Citizens Ksh 1,700/-
- Residents Kshs 3,000/-
Recommended Vehicles: 4*4 Vehicles are recommended because of the Nanyuki to Mutara Camp terrain (Charges 1-6-seater-Ksh 600 per day and 7-14-Seater – Ksh1,200 per day)
- Infants under 3 years sharing with adults– No Charge.
- 3 years up to 11 years sharing with parents pay 50%
- 12 to 16 years sharing with1 or 2 adults- Each child pays 60% of the applicable per-person adult rate
- Each child pays 75% of the adult rate in their unit(Tent)
About Jambo Mutara Camp
Jambo Mutara Camp is a luxurious, eco-friendly tented camp in Nanyuki, Kenya. Surrounded by stunning views of Mount Kenya and the Aberdare ranges, our camp offers an unforgettable glamping experience in the heart of the African wilderness.
Enjoy guided nature walks, game drives, and cultural visits, or simply relax in the comfort of our spacious tents and indulge in delicious meals made from fresh local produce. Book your stay today and experience the best Kenyan hospitality at Jambo Mutara Camp.
North of the ancient Aberdare Forest, and just West of the snow-capped Mount Kenya, the exclusive Jambo Mutara Camp sits just above the tropical equator in one of the most unique places on Earth.
Jambo Mutara Camp is the only accommodation in the 20,000-acre Mutara Conservancy. At the very heart of this region, nestled high on a cliff top, Jambo Mutara Camp enjoys panoramic views of the raw, uninterrupted wilderness. This is where untamed Africa meets true luxury, where iconic wildlife surrounds you, and where personal service will cater to your every need.
Rooms & Amenities
– 15 luxury tents, approx 500-600 sq ft, furnished to a high standard by Palacina Interiors
– 13 double beds, 2 twins
– All tents with a separate living room area that can be converted to additional bed space for 2 single beds for children
– Private balconies
– In-room safe
– Water & self-service tea/coffee utility
– Magnifying mirror with light and hairdryer in every bathroom
– Soaps, shampoos, and lotions provided by Cinnabar Green High-pressure showers, always hot
– Telephone and wifi in all rooms
– Turndown with a hot water bottle and chocolates
Dining & Activities
– Bar lounge tent with an espresso machine
– Wines selection curated by Pharley’s
– Two seating areas overlooking the watering hole.
– Restaurant tent with capacity for 30 pax
– Bush dining and sundowners
– Game drives
– Visits Chimpanzee Sanctuary and view the last 2 Northern White Rhinos
– Excellent Wifi
– Ideal space for meetings and retreats
– Conference facility for 30pax
– LCD projector and screen
Natural Authentic Beauty
Tucked in the valley between the lofty slopes of Mount Kenya and the
peaks of the Aberdare Mountains, it is the only guest accommodation on
the incredible 20,000-acre Mutara Conservancy, which borders Ol Pejetal
conservancy the home to Kenya’s largest population of Black Rhino, large
numbers of elephants, and cheetahs. lion. leopard and plentiful game
This is where untamed Africa meets true luxury, where iconic wildlife
surrounds you, and where personal service and chic safari décor echoes
an Africa from days gone by Bush dining and sundowners out in the
wilderness makes for magical memories The landscape is spectacular, and the
birdlife is impressive and the feeling of being immersed in nature
cannot be beaten
Why visit Mutara?
- There are only 15 luxurious tents, enjoy cinematic views of the landscape from the comfort of your tent.
- Get up close and personal with the last two northern white rhinos on earth and hear their incredible story.
- Game viewing is also possible from the comfort of your
verandah, overlooking the water hole, a magnet for wildlife
during the dry season.
- Guests can explore both Mutara and Ol Pejeta Conservancy with day and night game drives, where expert guides enrich the experience.
In addition to the Big Five and many other animals (from cheetahs and jackals to hippos and hyenas), the conservancy is home to over
130 black rhinos
- Guests can take morning or evening horse rides in the 600-acre endangered species enclosure, alongside northern and southern white rhino, Grevy’s zebra, and Jackson’s hartebeest.
Subject to availability, you can experience the thrill of lion tracks.
- Guided bushwalk by an experienced ranger, these interpretive walks bring you up close and personal with the sights, smells, and sounds
of the African bush.
- Interact with chimpanzees and learn more about
the day-to-day care
Frequently Asked Questions about Jambo Mutara Camp
Yes, guests can park for free.
The rates at Jambo Mutara Camp vary depending on the Month of travel.
The most popular attractions close to Jambo Mutara Camps include Mount Kenya National Park, Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Equator Marker, Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Ol Jogi Wildlife Conservancy, Mount Kenya Wildlife Conservancy, Ngare Ndare Forest, Oloimugi Maasai Cultural museum, and more.